Electronic Health Records System(Pearl®)
Pearl®—KaZee’s Electronic Health Records System is a leading-edge medical software application designed by a physician to meet the needs of correctional healthcare.
Pearl® is a triple-certified EHR with CCHIT®, ONC-ATCB, and SureScripts® certifications. Pearl® integrates all components of a comprehensive computerized medical records system. Pearl’s multi-specialty, multi-site, enterprise wide design facilitates better workflows and is applicable across all medical, dental, mental health, and behavioral health disciplines. Physicians, nurses, and other healthcare personnel appreciate how easy Pearl is configured to each specialty, practice pattern, and preferred workflow.
Primary functions and modules of Pearl® include:
Pearl® benefits include:
- Eliminating medical errors associated with illegible documentation and drug interactions
- Improving quality through provider collaboration
- Improving care by providing better patient access through improved communications
- Improving efficiency by automating workflows
- Maximizing cost-benefits by obtaining meaningful use of reimbursements and reducing costs
- Minimizing legal costs through the implementation of standards and improved documentation
- Reducing labor costs and errors associated with orders and results reporting
Pearl® supports an unlimited number of users and facilities and can be scaled to fit any sized organization, including:
- State and Federal Prisons
- County jails
- Juvenile facilities
Technology Behind Pearl®
Pearl® is built on robust technology, utilizing ORACLE—the world’s leading database management system. It also employs IBM, HP, and Windows database servers for scalability, portability, and adaptability, accommodating a variety of environments. Pearl® supports customizable interfaces using HL7 and direct connectivity to ensure maximum interoperability with multiple generations of technology and can process over 35 different file types. It also integrates with new technologies such as barcoded electronic forms and handheld devices.
The feature-rich environment of Pearl® provides multi-level security, Internet access, customer-driven and ad hoc reporting, audits for quality assurance and utilization review, email, intelligent document imaging, flexible data collection, and much more. Data mining and research are easy with Pearl®, as it maintains longitudinal patient records indefinitely and permits multiple users to access the same patient chart simultaneously. While built on complex technology, Pearl® is simple, fast, and easy to operate. Users already familiar with Windows find Pearl® easy to navigate through and accomplish tasks quickly and efficiently within the system.